New in 6.1.0:
- Choice Set Manager that exposed through the SDLScreenManager introduced in v.5.2.0.
- More enhancements in the Changelog
- Many Bugfixes and improvements.
This release updates to support RPC spec 5.0.0. It also adds a Choice Set Manager that exposed through the
SDLScreenManager introduced in v.5.2.0.
Remember that some features only work on head units that support that feature.
PlayPausebutton name has been added for subscription #246.
- Added the ability to play an audio file (such as a jingle) through
TTSChunk, which may be used in an
SpeakRPC, for example [SDL-0014] #524.
- Added CRC checksums to data transfers (such as images or files) and automatic retrying of failed transfers, customizable via a new
SDLFileManagerConfiguration[SDL-0037] #599 #1013 [SDL-0191] #1043.
- Added the ability for app icons to appear on the head unit without data being transferred after the first connection [SDL-0041] #600.
- Added the ability to send an image as "template", this is a single color image that can be re-colored by the head unit automatically to fit with the background. e.g. on a white background the image will appear black, and on a black background, white [SDL-0062] #626.
- Added a
- Added new vehicle data: Fuel Range [SDL-0072] #641, Engine Oil Life [SDL-0082] #706, Electronic Park Brake Status [SDL-0102] #761, Tire Pressure [SDL-0097] #748, and Turn Signal [SDL-0107] #791.
- Add the ability for submenu menu cells to have icons [SDL-0085] #719.
- Add new vehicle capabilities that can be remotely controlled by an application: Seat Controls [SDL-0105] #792, lights, display settings, and additional audio capabilities [SDL-0099] #755, [SDL-0165] #954, [SDL-0182] #1022.
- Add the ability to check the status of remote control modules [SDL-0106] #800, [SDL-0172] #990.
- Add the ability to modify the play / pause button to show either play, pause, stop, or play / pause [SDL-0109] #892.
- Support both USB / BT and WiFi transports simultaneously when streaming video on supported head units [SDL-0141] #900.
- Allow apps to alter template primary, secondary, and tertiary colors while connected to a supported head unit through the RegisterAppInterface and SetDisplayLayout APIs [SDL-0147] #909.
- Allow checking for the availability of a secondary graphic [SDL-0151] #917.
- Support short and full appIds [SDL-0153] #942.
- Allow Perform Interaction Choice Set Choices to not include voice commands [SDL-0064] #943.
- Add a choice set manager to assist in presenting choice set menus and keyboard interactions [SDL-0157] #970.
- Add an enum for static icons [SDL-0159] #944.
- Update TCP transport for production #946.
- Separate SDL example app code better #1056.
- TCP transport failure is now reported via a notification #911.
- The Obj-C and Swift example apps can now run without crashing without cleaning #981.
- Swift Cocoapods subspec will now properly download lock screen assets #1026.
truewas not properly preventing dismissal of the lock screen #1070.
- Fix possible crashes in SDLAsynchronousRPCOperation on cancellation of operations #1076.
- Fix can't get CarWindow
- Fix setting CarWindow
rootViewControllernot on main thread #1101.
- Add audio transcode files to default log module map #1103.